Friday, September 16, 2011

Life after marriage

We spent many months, days and hours planning our wedding. We were so busy working on the plans, it felt like we were never going to de-stress until after we got married. Two weeks prior to our special day, we got to the point where we just wanted the day to be over with so we could relax.
Well, the wedding day came and went. Our honeymoon came and went. The beginning of our more relaxed life began and ended within a week. When we finally came home to the real world, settling in became our next project. Before we knew it, we were busier than before our wedding!
I'm not sure how it happened, I'm not sure why it feels so much busier.
A couple of ideas I have are: 1) My job has recently become more demanding 2) James' job has become more demanding 3) We are waking up early to work out together, so we also go to bed earlier

Those are really the only things I could come up with. I feel like I have to go back to my college days when I had to figure out how to balance everything. But now, instead of balancing classes, church, 2 jobs and a social life; I'm now balancing work, church and my marriage. I feel like I have less to balance, but its more difficult.

Many people have told us that marriage will be quite the journey with ups and downs, pot holes and smooth roads. I took it lightly, but now that the journey has actually started, I am finding that it may be rougher road that I had thought.....

2 comments:

  1. First off, very nice on the lay out of your profile. And the summary is good too. :) Take it from a guy who's only dated at the most 7 women, and has been on at the most 30 dates in his life: You've chosen your love, now love your choice. :) Hang in there and those ups will become more abundant and joyful than the occasional downs you will experience. Stay strong and know that you have a group of family and friends to support you and help you in anything you need. We all love you and James and wish the best for both of you! Looking forward to the next Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, you'll have your crazy years that fly by and the slower paced ones. Just remember to take a little time each day to just breathe together! LOL... Things get easier to balance, I promise!!!

    ReplyDelete