Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ohhh Kansas?

OooooKansas, where the wind comes rushin' down the plains? Yup, that's about it. There is just the plains. Completely flat. Nothing to look at. Boring. That's exactly how I describe our drive to Kansas.
I pretty much begged James to go to Kansas so I could see my, best friends Mallory and Jon Hummer. James was nice enough to let us go to Kansas. I was so excited! I did not anticipate how boring the drive was going to be.


After 8 1/2 - 9 hours in the car, I was h

After our first night there, Mallory and Jon took us to Wichita's Botanical Gardens. It was pretty cool considering we were in Kansas, Land of Boring.
appy to finally arrive at the Hummer's home. It was so great to finally see Mallory. The last time we saw each other was our wedding, and even then it was brief because of all the craziness of the wedding.




















It was neat to see all the different types of flowers and plants.













They also had these
gigantic lily pads. I've never seen them so
large! It was pretty incredible. I told Jon he should hop on what to see how much weight they would hold, but he was a sour sport and refused. :-(




















And James decided to feed these gigantic cat fish. Their heads were easily the size of half of James' head. It was ridiculous. They were pretty ugly looking if you ask me.













Then we also wen to the little butterfly Pavilion. It was really neat to see all of the butterflies.

We had a lot of fun on our trip to Kansas. I really miss Mal and Jon. I miss how it was so easy for me to just walk over to their house in Fort Collins any time I wanted. Or being able to have my work out buddy and someone to go hang out with and talk to all of the time.

Sometimes change is hard. But through out all of these changes, I know I'll always still have a great relationship with the Hummers.








No comments:

Post a Comment