Sunday, October 30, 2011

An awesome fall date

Autumn has fallen upon us, it's one of my most favorite seasons of the year. The crisp green leaves transforming in to magnificent shades of gold, red, orange and brown always catch my eye. I especially enjoy when the air becomes slightly brisk, enough to wear a light jacket, and the way the wind whirls around the fallen leaves makes me feel that there is some magic drifting in the air. This is the time where I break out my light fall jackets and my fall/halloween decorations. Decorating my house with pumpkins, leaf garland, cornstalks, scarecrow men, and candles that smell like fresh pumpkin pie and toasted almonds with cinnamon is one of my favorite traditions. I love the warm inviting feeling it brings to my home.
The only sad thing about this season is that it only lasts 1-2 months in Colorado if we're lucky. And because it is so brief, it's important to get in every fall-like activity you can! So, James and I decided to embrace the season with a little fun last weekend.
We went up to Thornton, Denver to go to a Corn Maze. The Corn maze was about 20 acres in size. It was one of the biggest corn mazes we could find within reasonable driving distance. While driving, James was talking about how he will just jump up to look over the corn stalks to see where we are going. I laughed, he's obviously never been to a corn maze before. When we got to the corn maze, he realized why I had laughed. The corn stalks are definitely over 15 feet tall. So you'd have to be pretty tall in the first place on top of excellent vertical jumping skills.


























And of course we had to go to the pumpkin patch and get ourselves pumpkins to carve! There were quite a few large pumpkins. A lot of odd shaped ones as well. Example A: "The Butt" pumpkin.


























And to finish off our evening we decided to stop off at Tocabe American Indian Eatery. This restaurant joint was featured on Triple D (Diners, Drive-Ins and Drives) with Guy Fieri. I highly recommend this restaurant. It was so delicious and very unique. It's like a chipotle...but American Indian style. There is stuffed fry bread which is what James got. It's fry bread stuffed with beans, chickpeas if you desire, meat, special sauces and other veggies. Or you can get the Indian Tacos which is Fry bread topped with beans, mean, sauces etc. They were both very different, but both very delicious. Next time you are in Denver, Check it out! It's off of I-70 on Lowell blvd and 44th ave.


























It was so nice to have a fun date enjoying the fall season!













No comments:

Post a Comment