Sunday, January 22, 2012

Blog Fail: But here's the 2011 update!

So obviously I've failed horendously at blogging. I haven't posted anything since October 2011 and here we are in the middle-end of January 2012. Never a good sign. But maybe I'll be better this year! To catch you up, here are the things that have been going on:
In October and November James and I (mostly I) discovered geocaching! Basically it's a huge scavenger hunt that people all over the world participate in. You can check out Geocaching.com for more information. It is a lot of fun. James and I decided to be adventurous and try it out. All we did was find a geocaching excursion and located it on our GPS. We had to look for various containers in these hidden locations to find the prizes inside. The prizes are just little toys or contraptions or notes that you are supposed to find. It was a lot of fun. Then we got to write our names in the sign in and head on to the next one.
I think we'll do more when it's warmer.
Thanksgiving was different for me. For the past 4 years or so I've gone to the Metz's for Thanksgiving. Now that I'm married it was time to spend it with my hubby and his family. It turned out to be a lot of fun. It was really warm out (try like 70's) so James, Mathias (his brother) and myself threw the football around outside for a bit until dinner. Dinner was fabulous! We had a deep fried incredibly delicious turkey with all of the fabulous fixings. I even contributed by making sweet yams with marshmellows. YUM! I felt so blessed to have married into such a great family.
Christmas was just as good as Thanksgiving. James and I invited my little sister and his friend Matty over for Christmas breakfast. Before breakfast James and I did our little Christmas before our guests came over. For Christmas Breakfast we had Pancakes, eggs, bacon etc for a delicious breakfast. I think everyone enjoyed it. It was nice to have people over th enjoy the holiday with. We then headed over to my in-laws and celebrated Christmas with them. I felt a lot more comfortuable with them than I did last year for Christmas! Although last year James and I had just gotten engaged and I still didn't know the fam all that well yet.
I also made sure to bake tons of cookies this year! We ate cookies every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner for about a month!
So Christmas came and went.....fast! Before I knew it it was New Year's! Prior to the new year I wanted a change. I wanted to do something different with my appearance. And so....I decided to dye my hair. I was going for a nice dark chocolate brown. However, it came out a little darker than I wanted. I didn't like it at first but now I think I love it. It's definitely growing on me. It
was fun to show off my new look at our New Year's Eve get together
We decided to get out of the house for New Year's Eve and headed to the bowling alley's for some midnight bowling with some friends. It was a lot of fun, a lot better than sitting at home doing nothing. I had a blast, and it was the latest I had stayed up in a long time! (How sad!)
Here's to the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment