Sunday, January 22, 2012

1 more Year until the BIG 25/100

January 19th 1988 was the day I entered this world. And already 23 years have flown by! I turned 24 this past Thursday. That means I only have 1 more year until I'm a quarter of a century years old! A CENTURY!!! I've got to live it up this year!
I had a wonderful birthday this year. My co-workers celebrated my special day with me by taking me to lunch and having ice cream cake! I was also able to get off of work a little bit early. When I went to go pick up James he had beautiful roses, chocolates (only in the small boxes of twos so I wouldn't feel so guilty) and a wonderful heart-felt card waiting for me. Isn't he the sweetest? I certainly think so.
To finish off my celebration of birth-day he took me out to Red Lobster. We never go to a seafood joint because he is not a fan of seafood...however I LOVE it! So it was very exciting for me. I absolutely indulged in the fluffy mouth-watering cheesy garlic biscuits that are so unique to Red Lobster. The juicy and suculent snow crab and crispy coconut shrimp tickeled my tastebuds. Oh how I missed you seafood!...that's what I was thinking anyways. It was a fabulous dinner finished off with an apple crumble a-lamode desert.
We finished our evening cuddling up on the couch watching The Help. Which, by the way was a great movie. Although, it had my stomach tied up in knots because I was so angry during most of it. But it really plays on your emotions. That's what makes a good movie, I think.
What a wonderful birthday I had! And I thought that was the end.....until.....my husband decided he wanted to celebrate my birthday on Saturday too! My tricky and darling husband decided to make me a scrumptious breakfast when I got home from my body pump class. We then proceeded to laze around the house for the morning. Ahhh...nice and relaxing. He felt, however that it was not enough, so we went mini-golfing and hit up the batting cages. It was nice enough weather to have some outdoor fun. After mini-golfing we headed up to Denver...for what, I had no idea. But I was ok with it, getting out of the Springs is always a good idea. HA HA! After doing a little shopping at the 16th Street mall we went to dinner. And this was my surprise. He had set up dinner with a bunch of my friends to surprise me.
We went to a little Mexican Denver joint called Jack n' grill. Supposedly it's the 13th best mexican joint in the Nation. I was surprised to see my good friend Missy and some friends from the Springs. It was such a nice surprise. My hubby was a little disappointed though because he had invited a few of my friends from Fort Collins to come but unfortunately were unable to attend at the last minute. I was happy enough that he had even thought of all of this for me!
So we enjoyed good conversation and pretty yummy food.
Bruce and Shafer decided to share the restaurant's famous 7 pound Burrito. They did a pretty good job eating it all but it was A LOT of food.
What a fantastic Husband I have. I'm so blessed! Thank You James for making my life so astounding!

No comments:

Post a Comment